Is your home under-insulated? The chances are good that it is, and here’s why: Studies have found that two-thirds of homes in the country do not have sufficient insulation. Even if your attic has some insulation, that doesn’t mean it’s enough to provide optimal performance.
Some homeowners mistakenly think insulation isn’t as crucial in a milder climate like North Dallas’, but if your attic isn’t adequately insulated, you’re paying too much for your heating and cooling costs.
Up to 85% of heat loss goes through the attic, and up to 20% of air-conditioned air escapes through the attic. That means inefficient insulation costs you extra money on your energy bills all year long. Installing blown-in insulation can trim those costs significantly.
All Insulation is Not the Same
Once you’ve decided to update your attic insulation, you’ll need to decide what type is best. Blown-in insulation offers important benefits that other types can’t match. Some of these benefits include:
- It Won’t Settle: Over time, some types of insulation can settle, hindering performance. That won’t happen with blown-in insulation. Instead, it continues to provide exceptional performance year after year.
- Fills Smalls Spaces: Blown-in insulation fills even tiny cracks and crevices, so it’s able to guard against heat loss better than batt insulation.
- Fast Installation: Blown-in insulation is easy to install, and the job can usually be completed in just one day. Other types of insulation can take much longer to install.
- Noise Reduction: The tight seal created by blown-in insulation helps to reduce outside noise.
- Reduced Condensation: Blown-in insulation keeps moisture out and reduces condensation in your attic. This helps prevent mold, mildew, and bacteria from growing and potentially causing damage to your roof.
If you want to save 15% or more on your energy costs, make the investment in quality blown-in insulation!
North Dallas Experienced Insulation Experts
Renown Roofing & Construction provides expert installation of Owens Corning Atticat blown-in insulation. We have a certified thermographer on staff to quickly and accurately identify spots where heat can escape and fill those spots with this premium insulation.
Improve energy efficiency and enjoy a more comfortable home in any weather. Call Renown Roofing & Construction, a BBB A+ rated business, today to learn more or fill out our online contact form now to schedule a free consultation with our North Dallas insulation professionals.
Subscribe to Renown Roofing & Construction's Blog